Here at Hashtag CV we recognise that business can have a negative impact on the environment. We are not only committed, but enjoy finding new ways to help reduce our impact of our work.
We are fortunate in our line of work that we aren’t required to purchase great quantities of materials and in turn don’t create much waste.
It is our commitment to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements.
- Recycle as much waste as possible.
- Reduce the amount of waste material created.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, by emailing brochures in a PDF format or invoices, instead of printing.
- Avoid the use of postal services, saving on paper and transportation.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, give our computers to charities.
- Aim to reduce our gas and electricity costs. For example, switching off equipment at the end of each day instead of leaving it in stand by mode.
- Purchase low energy items wherever possible, such as printers, monitors etc.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of both sides.
- Make use of recycling schemes for printer cartridges.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, Ecover washing up liquid and hand soap.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making the use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
If you have any ideas of how we can further reduce our impact, please get in touch today and lets work together to help save our planet.