When it comes to your Hashtag CV account, employer account and other online accounts, your password is the key to your site experience and personal information. While Hashtag CV takes proactive security measures to protect your account information, you should actively protect your account information as well by keeping your password secure from unauthorised access.
In addition to having access to the products and services associated with your account, users who gain access by unauthorised means may attempt to use the data they’ve stolen to target phishing emails to you. In most cases, you would not notice your account has been compromised until it is too late.
With this in mind, here are some simple ways you can protect your account information:
- Use a complex password. By choosing a complex password, you can increase the security of your account and prevent malicious use of Monster's products and services. To create a complex password, follow these tips:
- Avoid using a simple password that is easy to guess (e.g., hashtag, hashtag, 1234).
- Use a password of at least eight characters or more. Each additional character helps.
- Avoid using a password similar to your name, company name, password or email address.
- Include characters other than letters, such as numbers and symbols.
- Use a phrase or sentence you can remember.
- Change your password regularly.
- Never use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Never email anyone your password, and most importantly, never respond to an email asking for your password. Hashtag CV will never email you asking you to supply us with or confirm your password.
Hashtag CV will also never call you asking for your password. You're the only person who needs to know your password. Don't share it with anyone. If you receive a phone call from someone claiming to be from Hashtag CV and they ask you for your account credentials, do not respond to the caller. Simply contact us using our Live Chat on our website.
- Never share your password. If you're concerned someone else might know your Hashtag CV password, change it immediately or contact Hashtag CV.
- Avoid writing down your passwords, if at all possible. If you must write down any password, store it securely away from your computer.
- We also encourage you to make sure that the antivirus programs on your computer are updated regularly.
Hashtag CV is committed to protecting the data provided to us by our job seekers and increasing the security of our customer accounts. Not only will these efforts protect your account information, but they will prevent unauthorised users from accessing Hashtag CV products and services associated with your account.